Today may have been the day that Rieley-Eden decided to be a big girl! I have been "lecturing" her about being a big girl and using the potty like her friends Maddie (5) and Xander (3) and mommy and daddy do. I especially made sure to tell her that she should use the potty so I can tell Daddy what a big girl she is...now that she's having Daddy-withdrawals. I think that really got her attention. Last night, nearly midnight, she woke up from her sleep and asked me to go to the potty...and we went, she went. I was so happy. Then when she woke up, she still had a bit of a wet diaper, but went to the potty again. Woot woot! Throughout the day, I asked if she needed to go. I went to the gym and left her with a playgroup next door and she still had a dry diaper. She didn't have to go yet at lunch time, either. After her nap, I told her I had to go to the potty (a public facility mind you) and she said, "Me first," and she went! Later, we stopped by Xander's house and she went yet again and then again when we got home after dinner. She had an accident in her Pull-Ups just a bit ago, but considering her streak so far today, I'm not upset that she was distracted by the tv and forgot to go. Nonetheless, I went to change the Pull-Up and she wanted a panty. Because its nearing bedtime, I put her in the Pull-Up anyway and she was quite upset about it. In my book, that's yet another sign that she's on her way to becoming a potty-trained citizen. : ) let's hope she keeps it up! I would love for her to start wearing the million and one panties we've got stashed away in her drawer of clothes she doesn't yet fit. I'm sure daddy will be relieved that he won't need to have to help in this process if she can get to that point before he gets home. But then the fun begins...we will need to stake out all restroom facilities in all the public places we go to! Woohoo! Haha.
Rieley has a doctor's appointment and weight check tomorrow. At her two-year appointment, she hadn't gained much or any weight from her 18-mo. visit and that concerned the doctor only because she was in about the 90 or so percentile throughout the 1st year of her life on a steady incline. Since then, her growth chart has been a steady graph like that of a dead person's heart rate on an EKG report. : ) I don't see how since she's constantly hungry. But I will fill you all in on that. And with the packing and all, I haven't gotten around to uploading Halloween pictures to my computer yet. I have a busy week ahead with doctor's appointments and a Mary Kay party, etc. So I will get to it as soon as possible.
Take care and keep checking back! : )
Steph
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
Followers
Blog Archive
About Me
- Stephanie
- A mommy of 3 and submariner's wife looking to connect with and make new friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment
We'd love to hear what you think