December 7, 2009

Settled

Hey there everyone...anyone.

It's been a little while since I posted anything here since we were incredibly busy with the move and Thanksgiving.  We've finally settled in and love our new home.  There are only 2 boxes left for Jason to go through when he comes home because there his specialty...game consoles and some other junk that I have no idea what it is.  Anyway...Rieley and I survived and are especially grateful to my parents and Ama and Uncle Tommy for coming to help.  We even have our Christmas decorations up inside and out.  : )  We are completely loving the new house.  It feels a lot more welcoming and homely than any of the apartments we lived in and is also much better kept.  It is so comfortable and quaint and I am constantly wondering why we didn't do this in the first place.  The convenience is amazing and I am just too happy for words to be in our new home.

Now, we are preparing for the holidays to come and for Daddy's homecoming!  We have made a "Welcome Home" sign that we will hang outside of the house and I am planning to bake some submarine-shaped sugar cookies decorated with a "Congratulations!" as Jason just passed his test and got promoted to first class!!!  Woot woot!!  We are so very proud of Daddy!!  (Thank you to my "secret pal" who gave me the submarine-shaped cookie cutter and sugar cookies mix).  We ladies have a bunch of projects we're finishing up before the guys pull in.  We will be putting up a cup sign where we stick the bottom ends of plastic cups into chain link fence diamonds to create a design right outside of the Pearl Harbor Naval Base main entrance.  I can't believe we're finally at this point!  I can't hold in the excitement and I can't wish the days would go by any faster!!!  Rieley is especially excited because she asked her daddy to take her to see Disney's The Princess and the Frog movie when he gets back and of course, like any good daddy would, he agreed.  She hasn't forgotten his promise.  She is so stoked every time she sees a commercial for the movie and says, "Mommy look! Princess and the frog show.  Daddy take me!!"  It is too cute.

Well, in other, not-so-exciting news, I took Rieley to get her H1N1 vaccination shot and she did really well.  She didn't cry a bit until we were about to leave and she saw all the toys in the waiting room calling her to come back and play!  LOL.  What a crack up!  She didn't get sick at all afterwards, either...well, aside from both of us having minor headcolds that we are trying to clear up before Jason gets home.

We also want to welcome Mya Noelle to this grand 'ol world!  Jason, Rieley, and I are so very excited to have a brand new niece that we will meet in January!!!  We cannot wait to squeeze you, little one!  And Mr. Jaxen, you seem like you've taken very well to being a big bro!  We miss you and Rieley can't wait to play with you!!!!

Next time I come on, I'll probably have lots of pics for you all of the projects we've been working on and homecoming!!!  Excuse me if it takes a little while as we have a lot of making up to do as a family!!!  : )  Hope the holidays are going well for you all thus far and its not racing away from you!  Enjoy them while they're here.  : )  Take care and God bless!

XO,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you think

Labels

Followers

About Me

My photo
A mommy of 3 and submariner's wife looking to connect with and make new friends.