Alright...you'd think that I would have created a post sooner than this considering that I've been home with baby, but as you would expect, I have been extremely exhausted with the middle of the night feedings and such. Little man makes 4 weeks old tomorrow. I cannot believe how quickly time has gone by since he's arrived. Babies grow so quickly and bring so much joy to the world. Baby Taytum is already beginning to outgrow his bassinet and we've already had to set aside those newborn clothes people have given us. Those cheeks have filled in and the rolls are beginning to emerge. My parents are here visiting from Hawaii now and no...they didn't bring the warmth with them...in fact we're expecting snow tonight and tomorrow and they are looking forward to it - it will be my mom's first real experience with the white powdery substance. My mom is also famous for trying new things with baby...she's already tried her first hand at giving Taytum a bottle. He took to it quite well. We will also be taking Bubby on his very first road trip 2 hours away to Boston, Mass to visit Daddy who is there for a training course his new position sent him to. This is his first time away from the Baby ever and away from Rieley and me in months. So we're all looking forward to meeting him out there. But before that, I am so very excited to head to the mall to try to finish some Christmas shopping tomorrow after being stuck in this house for 4 weeks.
On another note, the holiday season is officially here. Thanksgiving is over and I'm proud to say that I don't think I gained too much weight. Funny thing, though...our turkey was bigger than little man. And thank goodness for that because I wouldn't have wanted to push out a 15lb bird. As of Black Friday, we picked up a Christmas tree and decorated it. The weather has dropped pretty significantly. And the lights are on outside. Most of the gifts have been shopped for and Christmas cards have been ordered. Most of all, I'm looking forward to our first Christmas as a family of four. Will post pictures of the holiday festivities very soon. Just wanted to touch base in case you thought I fell off the face of the Earth.
Take great care and Happy Holidays!!
Stephanie
December 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
Followers
Blog Archive
About Me
- Stephanie
- A mommy of 3 and submariner's wife looking to connect with and make new friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment
We'd love to hear what you think